Vista, is it really so bad?

Microsoft, as you can imagine are more than a little pissed off with the continuing bad press about Vista.

They got a load of pro XP users, invited them in to a secret test. They told the group that they were the first to see and use this new beta. After these people had been looking around the "new" OS they were asked what they thought.

Well they all thought it was great, they loved the look, the speed. Almost without complaint they all gave this new "Beta" version of Windows the thumbs up.

At this point the Microsoft people reveled to the group that what they had been testing wasn't a Beta or the next version of Windows. It was in fact Vista! They had been testing Vista without knowing it's name.

I was not impressed with Vista, and have written at length about it's failings. This was based on my experience as one of the Beta testers. It wasn't ready, my hardware wasn't ready. Also I wasn't ready! I couldn't see the point cos XP was working just fine.

I decided to put it to the test now that SP1 was out. I have been using Vista for the last month or so. When I foolishly bolloxed my setup, I think it's telling that when faced with a formatted hard drive and two Windows disks, XP and Vista, I installed Vista!

Popular Posts