SSD Update

Well Windows is installed the drivers are in place. Windows appears to be quite happy on it's new drive. Is it any faster? well yea a bit... Not the greased lighting I had lead to believe... Due to the capacity constants I'm forced to install most if not all my programs on the conventional drives. Given this I'm not seeing much of an improvement, Windows 7 has never been sluggish on my system. The one game I have installed on the drive is probably the most demanding. That's ArmA:2 along with the expansions, Operation Arrowhead and BAF. Map loads are faster that's for sure but that's not much of an impact. If you know the game you are more than aware that the maps are huge and don't get loaded often. In game there are not obvious changes. I have spent best part of 180 quid and so far I'm not seeing that much improvement... I'm about to go away for a week so my testing must come to an end for a bit. I have only just clean installed Windows 7 64bit on this system and I have not had any chance to do any optimisation yet. Once I have had a poke about and a fiddle with this and that, I do some more testing to really see what's what! I would imagine if you had only SSD's in your system or you had enough to run all of your programs you would see a much larger improvement.

Popular Posts