My Tests Vista 64Bit Vs W7 Beta 64bit

I have just finished running some test on my PC. It's running Vista 64Bit, just as soon as I have finished burning this disk I'll be installing W7 Beta 64Bit.

Once it's installed and up to date with drivers and patches I'll do the same tests.

Now this bit is important, this is not about how good or bad my PC is. It's not about how much faster your computer is than mine.

It's about how dose W7 Beta stacks up to Vista.

The test are all about gaming performance and nothing else, why? Well for all of the rest of the stuff we use computers for I would be using Linux. For me the only use for a Windows PC is for gaming, and that's an end to it. It's all down to personal opinion and that's mine, so please no flame wars about this. If you don't like it then, well you get the idea...

The PC...
Intel E2160 OC 2.52GHz
RAM 4GB 800MHz OC'ed a bit
BFG nVidia 8800 GTS 512Mb Factory OC

The CPU is the weak link in my system, it OC'ed but will be replaced just as soon as I can. The BFG G/Card was not sold for long before nVidia decided that the small die 512Mb models should be renamed "9800" to differentiate them from the first generation 8800's. So although it says 8800 on the tin it's realy a 9800, that or we have to upset all of the 9800 owners with the news that they are running rebranded 8800's LOL

The tests...

Vista 64Bit
FutureMark 5 10460
FutureMark 6 8813
Battlefield:2 74-99
Call of Duty:4 59-96
ETQW Bench 32

Now just as soon as I have installed W7 Beta and completed the tests I'll update this post...


Update:
My PC isn't playing ball, my second hard drive is more flaky than I thought. I'm trying to "shrink" the main drive. That's taking longer than I thought, also a smaller chunk than I would like...

Popular Posts