Modern Warfare:3 My thoughts

My thoughts on MW3 Multiplayer, (sorry CoD fans this wont make for good reading)

Graphics and looks: Compared to BF:3 totally horrid, they are good enough to play the game. They don't get in the way but to my mind they are worse than Blops.

Game play: Well there are a couple of interesting additions, the gun game is fun and I like confirm kill. Gun game is either DM or TDM and you start with a pistol and with each kill you get a better weapon. If someone knifes you you go down a weapon. It's way more fun than regular DM or TDM. Much like conferm kill it's way better than regular TDM. When you make a kill big dog tags have to be collected for the kill to count. No hiding in corners and killing cos if you or one of your team m8's don't collect the tags the kill doesn't count. and by the same token if one of the other guys get there first it nulls the kill. So that's fun you have to run out into the open to collect the tags, the very place you caught the other guy.

The matchmaking is a complete wast of time you have to wate a long time only to get disconnected three or four times in the match. There is a server browser once you can find it. I was playing a game when this guy inside a building was shooting through walls killing everyone on our team. Chuffing kill cam showed everyone he was cheating so everyone left!

I encountered some bad lag almost every time I was real close to someone. Checking the pings it was all good. It's like they have messed up the netcode somehow.

What really got me down was that none of what I saw that was good could not have been added to Blops. Heck it could have all been added to CoD:4 the original Modern Warfare as Map pack and game modes and would have 90% of this new game. I know these guys have got to eat, they have to earn money but I fear CoD has completely sold out.

Fingers crossed Blops:2 will be worth a look when it comes around in November. If not then Blops may be the last CoD I buy.

Popular Posts