ubuntu 7.10

Another 6 months has past and we see a new version of ubuntu.

The numbering system for ubuntu is a little strange at first glance. This new one is 7.10 the last was 7.4. not until you know it's the year and month dose it make sense. No big headline grabbing in this one, just a steady improvement over the last release.

I'll not be upgrading my games PC until my holiday in a couple of weeks. The laptop was moved over a few weeks back to the beta. It's now fully up to date and running smooth. Smile

Hopefully in a couple of weeks the GNU/Linux version of ET:QW will be out. Then It's my intention to do a complete wipe and install. This time there will be no Microsoft Windows! If things go as I intend I will be completely free of Windows all together!

We will have to see if I can get it all to work, the big problem will be to get all of the wife's stuff running right. Me I can figure stuff myself, but for Julie it needs to be just so. It's going to take some planing to get it right without losing any stuff.

Popular Posts