Using IE and other MS stuff, the experiment continues…

 

My anti Microsoft stance came from year of doing battle with what at the time was multi layered crap. Windows 9x, Blue screens, Outlook Express taking 5 mins to do anything before crashing a swallowing half written emails. IE with massive security holes, and rendering the internet Microsoft's way rather than the agreed international standards. All of this pain and miss deeds pushed me towards alternatives for all of these.

There have been several well written and well argued articles of late suggesting that MS has on the most part got their act together on at least some of these fronts. The general Geekdom should cut them some slack and stop hating on them. We have been doing it so long now most of us have forgotten why. Heck some of the young new trendy geeks have no idea what we had to suffer 10-15 years ago that caused all of the fuss in the first place seen as most of them were too young. They hate MS not because of Outlook Express eating their email's but because trendy website say they should...

So here we are day two, IE is behaving it’s self and I have it almost working as I want. I had forgotten that it doesn't spell check as you type and have had to return to a program I used to use in the dim and distant past. ieSpell, it’s all coming back to me now… Live Mail is also working as one might expect, and of course I’m typing this in Live Writer and you know what that works too!

Popular Posts