Window 8, My thoughts



Well it looks like a mobile phone OS and acts like one too! I'm not railing against change, I like change. However I have my doubts, I'm really not sure how suited it is for a desktop computer. It looks and behaves great on a small screen, I could imagine it being great on a slate/tablet computer. On a mobile phone it would be great, I'm sure I don't want it on my desktop!

Also from what I have seen you can't easily convert it back to "Good Old Windows" The desktop you see in the pictures is just another app. One click on "Start/Menu" and you are back to the touch screen mobile interface.

I'm just not sure if you can turn that shit off!

This is either the best blooming thing MS has done... Or the biggest pile of steaming crap enough make the whole Vista debark slip from the collective memory.

I have a theory as to what is going on... Why base your core product on a failing or failed Mobile phone product line?

The answer, have you seen how much money Apple makes from the iPhone? MS want some of that action. They release a Mobile phone Platform, it fails. They have the power to put a copy of it on the desktop of almost every new PC on the planet. The idea goes something like this... If the PC user base use MS mobile platform every day on their PC, they will want to use the MS mobile platform on their Mobile Phone. Bingo they make piles of money! They are willing to sacrifice their core business just to get a bigger part of a different market. It's amazing, just amazing...

Popular Posts