Samsung announces its Xcover durable smartphone

I have always been a fan of "rugged" phones. I'm clumsy and life can be tough on electronic hardware in my hands. Although I am a self confessed tech-head I have been shy of getting a smart phone. In my eyes they have always been far too expensive an item to be living in my pocket or  for me to drop! I don't mind spending good money on something that is expensive but I have to be careful with what cash I have. I guess I have to prioritise my spending. so far however much I have wanted one a smart phone has always been off the list.

I have come to some conclusions on what type of smart phone I would have if I were to take the plunge. It would have to be an Android device and of all the manufactures I like Samsung as I have has several of their phones in the past. With this announcement maybe I can have a smart phone after all...
Also known as the GT-S5690, the Xcover is the smartphone for users who need that extra bit of durability. The phone will run Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Samsung warns that the phone can survive underwater for only a maximum of 30 minutes.


 
Powered by an 800MHz processor, the Xcover will sport a 3.65in touchscreen. Samsung said it will have 150MB of memory plus 2GB storage that can be expanded using a microSD slot.
The Xcover will feature a mid-level 3MP rear facing camera and it will also have WiFi, Bluetooth and microUSB connectivity. Samsung said the smartphone will have a tempered glass display that is up to five times stronger than normal glass.
The Xcover will be 11.95mm thick, weigh 135g and host a 1500mAh battery. Samsung confirmed that the phone will be available in the UK later this year.

Popular Posts