Delta Force Xtreme:2 screen shots

NovaLogic have released, by Ravenn, 3 new screenshots from DeltaForce: Xtreme2.




Now looking at these screen shots you can see that they look and feel very much like Joint Operations. A game that was great fun to play but looked dated when it was new in 2004.

So it looks like the new game will be all about the game play not eye candy. Now there was nothing wrong with the game play of JO. Thing is this game isn't JO:2 it's DFX:2, and that's where the problem lies... The game play in DFX was more than a little off. It's complex but I will try to explain.

Joint Operation was good, but DF diehards were never completely happy with JO. They didn't like the shift from the pure infantry game play. JO had drivable veihicals something that the diehards have never been happy with.

Delta Force Xtreme was built on the JO engine and was to me honest not much more than a mod in feel. It's like there are some new maps and they re-wrote the scripts to make it more like the original Delta Force.

Well DFX:2 is just that a refresh of DFX there will me no massive jump in game play. I think that this is a shame, the game I would have liked them to to make was a refresh of Joint Operations not DFX. What the heck I'm just a customer and I don't count...

Popular Posts